Wattpad and Book Covers




Wattpad is an Internet community for readers and writers to publish new user-generated stories in different genres, including classics, general fiction, historical fiction, non-fiction, poetry, fan-fiction, spiritual, humor, and teen fiction. 
The platform claims that its audience is more than 70 million users who can directly interact with the authors and share their opinions with other readers. Although available in more than 50 languages, 77% of its content is written in English. Many Wattpad users translate stories to continue building the platform.



I found wattpad in the 2015 year February and after almost five years, much has changed in the politics of the site, in the audience and authors of stories and even its interface has changed drastically. in 2015 the site looked cheap and lagged very hard, sometimes erased stories. As book covers served ordinary images found on the Internet. I really can't imagine what it look like when it was created in 2007.


Wattpad is a really popular app among teenagers, however, everyone can find there something interesting. 

It is addictive - to read and communicate with writers and readers - you already have something common like love to books, or if it is fanfiction you like the same celebrity or movie. It helped me to find friends.
I wrote stories and at some point, I started to make book covers for myself - later it grew into a project that lasted a little over a year. I started alone, but after a few months, my friend joined. We were creating covers for books at the request of the authors, at some point when there were too many applications, we began to charge money for our work because we spent a lot of time doing it. As a result, the project had to be closed - the desire to work disappeared, because the project was not conceived as something obligatory and commercial, but something we liked to do and even the fact that project isn't for free anymore didn't stop people to come and request for our covers.
I wanted to post some of the covers here because our project is closed and no one would see or use 80% of works.
These 3d views were made for safety - just as a sample for real book cover.




























Our first covers were in lack of quality, but only because I started to do it on picsart it grew up into something bigger. 



Comments

  1. Interesting! I've heard of Wattpad but haven't really looked at the site properly. I guess I thought it's just for kids, and maybe the first story I ran into was very bad. I looked around and the site actually has some nice features, like I think the scroll bar that shows the amount of messages is pretty cool and I haven't seen it elsewhere. It looks like a nice and healthy creative community actually. Oh, and these are some pretty nice looking covers so I'm not surprised that the demand was high!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
    2. Oh thanks! Like every community it has some toxic people, but the majoruty is pretty inteligent and mature people, if you are interested in storytelling you should try it!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts